Friday, July 21, 2017

Ceinwen, Bronwen, Banon (Gwawdodyn)

The Gwawdodyn is a Welsh poem consisting of four lines. Lines l, 2 and 4 rhyme.  Line 3 rhymes with itself as the last word of that lines with another word appearing earlier in that line.

Ceinwen (A Gwawdodyn)

Ceinwen laid down among the lillies
And I could not decide, this filly,
Or flower possessed more beauty power.
Should I tell her, she’d call me silly.

© 2017 david w palmer

Bronwen (A Gwawdodyn)

No beauty fairer could I describe
Than she whose face my eyes do imbibe
Oh, maid of Dowlais, my sweet enchantress
My soul makes its home where you reside

© 2017david w palmer

Banon (A Gwawdodyn)



My Queen, my colors dip demurely
Surrender to the greater beauty
Possess my poor heart, yeah, every part
My allegiance is yours securely.

© 2017david w palmer

No comments:

Post a Comment