Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Remembering Michael James Garland

The loss is felt so keenly right now I barely have the words to speak. Michael was a good friend, wonderful colleague, delightful poet. And we never met in person. But we worked closely together across several Google+ Communities. Aloha Michael! Mahalo, until we meet again.

Remembering Michael (Sonnet 393)

This was a kairos moment where life falls
Into the divide between I knew not
Yet, and sadly, mournfully, I do now.
Hail friend! Aloha! Colleagues, yet unmet.
One shares in spirit a recognized trait.
He speaks in a soul voice I recognize
Those having tasted divine fruit are chang'd
Knowing colorful flavors untasted.
Into your world you invited me then
For what joy can there be if it's unshar'd
Generously fed me heavenly bread.
Today you walk in Edenic delight
That far-off country describ'd, now is home!

(C) 2017 David W. Palmer



No comments:

Post a Comment