Saturday, March 11, 2017

Moving (Sonnet #399)

MOVING (Sonnet #399)

Happiness awoke, my feet want to move
Everything I celebrate is cresting
Waves of joy while she and I are kissing
Wonder so amazing, she lights our love
My tongue tastes rhyme, my feet begin to rove
My ears see notes my fingers paint the keys
Music so alive beats my heart for me
Feet moonwalk the dance floor out to the grove.
Should I stop, rocks will cry out in protest
Adam and Eve dance once more in Eden
In a world made right by love we invest
Am I crazy? Join the dance which even
Gives our universe its one request
Restore her brokenness, she is pleadin’
As angels dance on stairs to heav’nly rest.

© 2017  David W. Palmer
inspired by the song by Justin Timberlake, “Can’t Stop the Feeling”
https://youtu.be/ru0K8uYEZWw

No comments:

Post a Comment