Thursday, April 27, 2017

What She Means to Me

Like fog
         Your coming was
       Unnoticed; suddenly
There you were, materialized
  Beside me, speaking words,
             Encouraging 
                 My pen

                Like stones
            Falling in shafts
    The air grew cold, fearful
How could I write, even want to
    If you, my heart, were gone?
              I wept buckets
                   Of tears

                  Insight
           Slowly did Dawn
 Break the gloom; colors drew
My world with Faith; discovery --
    Anyone makes me laugh
       She who draws tears
                  Owns me

                    Not one
              To set my hand
      To plows and then forsake;
   I turn toward you just as flowers.  
          Seek the sun’s energy
              You fill my heart
                    With joy.


© 2017 David W. Palmer

No comments:

Post a Comment